A hearty THANK YOU to GODisms (GODisms.wordpress.com), the lovely blog I’ve been following whose author nominated my blog for the Liebster Award.
Yes, I’m a lame brain and am just now accepting the award, even though I was nominated way back on 4/04/14. Thankfully, GODisms is a forgiving soul and didn’t rescind my nomination!
As GODisms so eloquently explained on her blog:
“The word Liebster is German and means dearest or lovely. The award is given to up and coming blogs with 200 or less followers.”
“It’s a great way for fellow bloggers to pat each other on the back, meet new bloggers and publicize their site to the general public.”
In accordance with the rules, if I wish to accept this distinguished award, which I do, I must perform as follows: Create a Post Containing The Following Information:
- Link Back to the Blog that nominated you
- Nominate 5-11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
- Answer Questions posted by you from your nominator
- Share 11 random facts about yourself
- Create 11 Questions for your nominees to answer
- Contact your nominees and let them know you’ve nominated them
My Answers to GODisms Questions:
- Who or what influences you?
- God … and sometimes, my husband
- If you could talk to one famous person that has died who would it be and why?
- Jesus … because He’s the most prolific man to ever walk the earth, in my opinion
- Name a place you would love to visit.
- Name 3 hobbies you do.
- Write stories
- Write poetry
- Help out at church
- What do you do for fun?
- My hobbies, above are what I do for fun. But I also like to travel and draw.
- If you could do anything and money was not a problem, what would it be and why?
- Travel the world, meeting new people. Because everybody has something they can teach me, and I’d like to believe I, too, could be a positive influence on them!
- What’s the craziest thing you have ever done?
- I would lose my position as a ministry leader, if I confessed it. Let’s just say, it was in my youth (so it doesn’t count, right?)
- Coffee or Tea?
- I drink coffee a lot more frequently, but I love flavored tea!
- Camping or Hotel?
- Hotel, but I don’t mind if it’s surrounded by trees! I’ll even sleep with the window open!
- Name 3 three words that describe your life:
- What made you start blogging?
- My husband said he heard a message from God that I needed to blog. Sounds crazy, but Ed’s never said anything like that before, so I decided to give it a try!
Questions for My Nominees:
- If you could live anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What scares you?
- What is the biggest lesson you’ve learned about life over the past ten years?
- If you could only pick one type of food to eat for the rest of your life, what would it be?
- What’s your favorite season, and why?
- Most disgusting food you’ve ever tried:
- How long have you known your longest-lasting friend?
- Do you believe in ghosts?
- Are you a night-owl or an early bird?
- What is the title of your favorite blog post (that you’ve written)?
- What made you decide to start blogging?
11 facts about me:
- I have two moms, two dads, two step-moms, one step-dad, and a mother-in-law (lots of parents). I’m adopted and just found my birth family, so now I have an abundance of people I call “folks!”
- I love the sound of the cello, but I don’t know how to play it (someday, maybe)
- I’m writing a Magical Realism novel called Unsung Lyrics
- I’ve almost completed the first book in my Holy Cow Children’s Picture Book Series, called Antonio’s New World.
- I love having coffee with friends!
- I love Jesus Christ!
- I have six amazing kids
- I have a degree in interior design, which I don’t use
- I love vegetables!
- I like meat too, but especially In-N-Out Burgers!
- I struggle with where to put commas
I NOMINATED THE FOLLOWING BLOGS FOR THE LIEBSTER AWARD!!
http://puritywaves.wordpress.com/ (Divine Poetic Whispers)
http://theartisticchristian.wordpress.com/ (The Artistic Christian)
http://journeywithdestiny.wordpress.com/ (The Journey)
http://halleygentil.wordpress.com/ (Halley Gentil)
http://citizenpariah.com/ (Citizen Pariah)
THANK YOU to GODisms and to my nominees for giving me some good reads to look forward to each day!